Cypress Home Therapy is proud to introduce its new Fall Prevention Program to the Boise community. This program was created to help older adults and seniors maintain their safety, mobility, and independence. We understand that a fall can have a profound effect on your ability to age in place.
Why Fall Prevention?
• Half of all falls that take place at home require hospitalization
• Nearly one third of U.S. seniors fall each year
• The most profound effect from a fall is the loss of functioning associated with living independently
• Falling once doubles your chance of falling again
Given these rather grim statistics, we want to help motivated people in our community with fall prevention techniques so that they can remain safe, active, and independent for as long as possible. Our Fall Prevention Program is designed to meet you where you are, you set the goals for your health and we’ll help create a plan that’s right for you.
Our goal is to keep you on your feet and doing what you love.
While insurance doesn’t pay for fall prevention, we can work with you before you have a fall, or if your physical therapy has ended sooner than you’d like. We are a private pay service, which means that you will have access to as many visits as you need, no physician referral required. Our therapists will work with you to create an individualized plan to improve safety, balance, strength, flexibility, and stamina.
We offer three services in your home or place of residence:
1. Home Safety Assessment – Conducted by one of our physical or occupational therapists, we will ‘walk’ the house (interior and exterior) with you and take the time to answer your questions. It all begins with understanding your concerns and where you’ve lost confidence. This visit will last approximately one hour, and we will provide you with a list of safety recommendations.
2. Fall Prevention Program – These visits will address safety and enhanced balance, using proven techniques based on your current level of confidence and mobility. We will work with you to develop a tailored plan to keep you active, improve your confidence, and reduce your risk of falling so that you can continue doing the things you love.
3. Fitness and Wellness Program – This program is designed with the individual in mind, understanding that there is no “one-size-fits-all.” We offer personalized guidance to help you build confidence in body and mind including strength and resistance training to improve your endurance and help you age in place. Our team of therapists are educators and clinical cheerleaders for your health and we will work with you in your home or place of residence.
Prevention is priceless, so plan to stay active and enjoy your retirement!
Written By: Rebecca Gillet, PT. Owner of Cypress, Inc., a Boise, Idaho based physical therapy practice that specializes in Fall Prevention for adults and seniors. She is a member of the APTA and AARP.